Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sorry I disappeared off the face of the planet...

Well yeah I haven't posted much since June or something because I was too busy having an amazing summer and living my life. I had a pretty freaking awesome summer, from Ocean City to Kentucky to Cape Ann to just chilling here at home. I went to Ocean City with Poodly of course, and our friend Richard or whatever I've called him on here was there for the first nights, which was awesome. I learned that I'm a WONDERFUL interpretive dancer... Poodly can back me up on that one. I LEARNED TO SURF!!!!!!! That was probably one of the highlights of the week, though everything was fun. By the end of the lesson, I was so tired I could barely push myself up to stand on the board. After Ocean City I was home for two weeks, where I got to go to Six Flags New England, which was insanely fun. I rode Bizarro 5 times, and then my first time on Batman I was in the front row. All of the rides there are awesome. Then I jumped into a van for fourteen hours and spent a week in Kentucky for the Appalachian Service Project, or ASP. ASP is an amazing project which helps families in Appalachia with home renovations in order to make them warmer, safer, and drier. My church goes every year, and this year there was only 13 of us, with two teams working with two separate families. On my families home, a trailer, we installed flooring and insulation. I was mostly on insulation. There was an insane mutt, named Spook, and five cats, Blue, Salem, Calico, Lily/Mama, and one who didn't have a name. Lily, or "Mama", had three adorable month old kittens. As careful as we were handling them and washing our hands, almost my whole team ended up getting ringworm then next month. The way it works it that each county or town the people we help are in has a center. We were in Knoxx County, and stayed on a college campus with 4 other churches. I branched out from our church more as the week went on, hanging out in the lobby instead of our sleeping space like the rest of the girls on my team did. I met some great people, including Laura, Troy,  Daniel, Tom, and some others. They were mostly guys, because the girls weren't very social. One of my best memories from there was one night in the lobby, when a big group of us, all from different states and churches, sat in a circle playing games like the story game where we all would say one word to make a story (it got pretty intense and Aunt Jemima ended up being a cannibal... Or was it Uncle Sam?) and my personal favorite, WA! Which is complicate to explain. The week went by too fast and I was sad to see it go. It ended with a sketchy motel in West Virginia, where I found pieces of black hair all over my pillow under the top cover. I came home and the next week, I went to a fun. concert!!!!!!!!!! That was unbelievably amazing, and I ate at a food truck called Gorilla Cheese. The next day I left for my family vacation to Cape Ann, where it was 60 and cloudy almost the whole time, but we still got to go into the ocean the first day when it was still sunny and the last day, when it was freezing but  my sister and I sucked it up and went in and got stuck in a current... But we knew what to do and got out quickly, which was good. It was still tons of fun despite the rain. August was pretty chill, and my favorite part was going zip lining and ropes courses in New York with my Girl Scouts troop. It was my second time going, and apparently I'm really good at it. I don't get scared because you can't fall off, you're always attached. Then, after two more weeks of freedom, I am back in school. I started at my agricultural school, which is a normal school, but tractor driving is a mandatory freshman course. If you're in the agriculture program, you take additional agricultural course. In two weeks, I get my tractor license :D I've made some great new friends, like Haley, Autumn, Hannah, DJ, Shannon, Sam, Sam, Luke, Dana, Sara, Gaby, and Charlie. The teachers are really nice, excluding my French teacher. I was placed in French 2 honors, but during scheduling something got screwed up, so I was put I. French 2 level 2, but now I'm switching into honors and will have a teacher who's not insane. I joined the Floriculture competition team as part of the FFA, so I'm working on plant identification after this post. I read House of Hades!!!!!!!!! I love it so much. The Cupid scene was beautiful. I can't wait till next fall when Blood of Olympus comes out. My new favorite movies are the X Men movies and Captain America. Since I have to wake up at five but can't always fall asleep at a reasonable hour, I discovered that I get extremely hyper from lack of sleep and now drink coffee every morning :D look out world.... Oooooooo I drew a wallaby!!!!! I was bored the other night because Modern Family or Adventure Time weren't on, which is like all I watch. I'll put some pictures in my next post. So yeah that's what you missed in my life and I'll probably be back soon.

Peace out Girl Scouts ✌

No comments:

Post a Comment